Within any SeedLegals membership, you get access to useful and popular agreements. This is a quick guide of what is what, where to find it on the platform, and some links to more information. See more general queries on agreements here.
So what is included?
In the Team tab you can find:
- Founder Agreements - designed to protect the founders and the company if things go wrong between founders - which happens more often than you think. If the founders don’t have a signed Founder’s Agreement in place, now is the time to do it. You can create a Founder’s Pledge or Founder Service Agreement here.
- Employment Agreements - our perfectly customisable Employment Agreement makes it super easy to set work hours, roles, reporting, probation, termination, assign bonus and stock options. You can e-sign, store and update the contract here.
- Contractor Agreements - Designed for hiring a self-employed freelancer or independent consultant.
Over in our Agreements tab you can find:
- Advisor Agreements - Add an advisor to your team. Choose from different advisor types. Define their deliverables. Set remuneration in cash and/or equity. Includes non-compete provisions.
- NED Agreements - Hire a Non-Executive Director. Set their role, duties and duration of their engagement. Set remuneration in cash and/or equity. Includes non-compete provisions.
- Consultancy Agreements - Our consultancy agreement makes hiring a consultant or contractor easy. You can define the project and deliverables, set payment in cash and/or equity and include NDA provisions. You can create these for individuals or companies.
- Zero Hour Contracts - Sometimes you can’t predict your staffing needs, which is where zero hour contracts are useful. The working relationship begins when the person starts their shift and ends when they end their shift.
- Intern Agreements - Hire an intern. Specify their duties. Add payment details (interns need to be paid the minimum wage). Includes mentoring, reporting & other intern hiring requirements.
Protect your IP
- IP Agreement - Everyone who’s contributed to your product or idea should sign an IP Assignment. Investors will check this as part of their due diligence. IP assignment provisions are also included in our hiring agreements.
- Non-Disclosure Agreement (NDA) - Easy NDA creation, the other party can e-sign it right here. If the other party is a company, create the NDA in the name of the person who'll be signing on their behalf, then add the company details in the NDA questions.
Get investment ready
- Everyday Investor Certificate - Most friends, family and angel investors are likely to be Everyday Investors (also referred to by the FCA as Restricted Investors), and to be safe you should get them to sign this letter confirming that.
- High Net Worth Investor Certificate - For larger investments, you may want to have your investors sign either a High Net Worth or a Sophisticated Investor Certificate, ideally at the time you send them your pitch deck.
- Sophisticated Investor Certificate - For larger investments, you may want to have your investors sign either a Sophisticated Investor or a High Net Worth Certificate, ideally at the time you send them your pitch deck.
- Investor Disclaimer -You can download this investor disclaimer and include it in the materials you send to your investors, as needed.
- Due Diligence Request - Get investment ready by starting on your due diligence checklist now, so you’re ready with the set of due diligence documents your investors will be looking for.
- Warrant Agreement - Often used by incubators and accelerators, our Warrant Agreement is used to give an investor a right to buy shares at a future date at a price per share that you agree now.
- Affiliate Agreement - Want to incentivise partners to refer customers to you? Our Affiliate Agreement lets you specify which items earn a referral fee, for how long, when commission will be paid, and more.
Over in our Policies tab you can find:
- Staff Handbook - The SeedLegals staff handbook helps you shape your company culture and create company policies for up to 40 workplace-related issues. Create Mission and Value statements to define your culture and inspire your team. Define your company's maternity leave, dress code and diversity policies. Share this handbook with your team, and with new team members as part of their onboarding.
If you have any questions on which agreement is right for your situation, or on any terms in these agreements, please reach out to the chat where one of our experts can help.