I received an email from SeedLegals asking me to sign a document - what should I do?
If you have received an email from the platform inviting you to sign a document, it means that an important contract awaits you. Here's how to sign it:
- Create an account and/or log in to the platform
- Update your contact details
- Document Review and Signature
- I did not get the mail
- How do I keep a copy of the document?
- How to sign a document offline?
- What if you don't want to sign the document in its current form?
STEP 1: Create an account and/or log in to the platform
- When someone sends you a document to be e-signed, you will first receive an email from SeedLegals on behalf of the sender.
- Open the received email and check the message from the sender. Click on View Document to start the signing process.
- You will be redirected to our login page. If you already have an account, great! You can click Sign in. Otherwise, click on Join for free and create your account. You can sign in with your Gmail or LinkedIn account.
- It is important that you log in with the same email address that the document was shared with.
If in doubt this article can also help you
STEP 2: Update your contact details (name, address...) so that they appear in the document
Your details can be modified from your personal space. Go to app.seedlegals.com/account to edit them. Otherwise, click on your name at the bottom left of the screen, then go to Profile:
STEP 3: Document Review and Signature
Once logged in, you will be able to view the document. After reading it carefully, click on Sign at the top right
- Create your signature / initials with the mouse, with your finger or with a stylus on the touch screen then validate the signature by clicking on Sign!
I did not get the mail
When someone sends you a document to be e-signed, you will first receive an email from SeedLegals on behalf of the sender.
If you cannot find this email, try your Spam Folder. If that doesn't work, no worries! Ask the person sharing the document with you and ask them to verify your email address and then re-share the document.
Once shared, if the email still does not reach you, go to app.seedlegals.com/signup, create an account with the same email address and the document should be available in your space. If the document is still not there, you can contact our team from the online chat, at the bottom right of your screen.
How do I keep a copy of the document?
Go to the document, click then on the download icon at the top right to download it in PDF:
How to sign a document offline?
If you want to sign a document offline, no problem! We invite you to download it in PDF by following the guide above.
- First click on the signature icon, then click on the 3 dots next to your name, then finally click on ''Mark as signed offline''
What if you don't want to sign the document in its current form?
You do not have to sign the document in its current form if you have questions or changes to make. If you have any comments, please contact the company in question.
Once the changes are made, the document will automatically update - just refresh your screen.
Once a document has been shared with you, there is no need to click again on the link received by email. Go to app.seedlegals.com and it will be saved in your My Documents space.
Don't hesitate to contact us from the online chat at the bottom right of your screen if you have any questions 🗨️
Other helpful articles…