This guide will show you how to create a Founders Agreement on SeedLegals.
If you're unsure of which one you need please check out this great article on the difference between the Founders Service Agreement and the Founders Pledge.
- Click Team in the left panel and select or add the user you'd like to create this agreement for then enter their start date, job title & salary.
- Once you're in their user profile click 'New Agreement' and then select 'Founder Agreement'
- If they're not being paid a salary yet, just enter £0 for the salary, and we'll create an agreement that's what we call a "founder pledge" rather than a "founder service agreement", which contains employment provisions.
- If they are being paid a salary, then enter that in, and we'll create a founder service agreement for you.
- Fill in the rest of the questionnaire and save terms
- Click create agreement
- It’s ready to share and sign!
You can amend the terms of the contract once signed by creating a new agreement which will supersede the previous version, do make sure that this is all agreed beforehand.
If you're looking to amend the terms before it is signed then you can click on view agreement > terms > click on the term you would like to amend.
If you have any queries about either of these agreements please feel free to hit the chat bubble and a member of the team will be happy to help!